Job DescriptionEstablished in 1990, Kudos Solutions is a successful provider of scheduling and planning systems into many different business areas. An excellent opportunity working as an IT support apprentice, an excellent way to kick start your career in IT.
Due to continued expansion, Kudos Solutions are looking for a full time additional helpdesk team member to join our friendly team on a permanent basis.
We are the world’s leading reseller and developer of a bespoke Planning and Scheduling software solution from Siemens called Preactor.
We work closely with our customers to ensure a smooth implementation of the software into their environment. Once the implementation is complete we provide support to those customers.
The successful candidate will join a small team that provide 1st and 2nd line support to external customers who use our software. It is imperative that you have an excellent telephone manner, and are able to discuss detailed technical issues with customers, showing particular attention to detail.
Key Skills we are looking for are:
– Excellent verbal communication and troubleshooting skills over the telephone
– Experience of standard MS Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook etc
– Excellent Analytical and problem-solving Skills
– Capable of taking full responsibility for the resolution of issues.
– Capable of creating documentation in Microsoft Word
– Able to manage own work load and prioritise
– Flexibility to work within a team
– Working knowledge of vb.net
– Exposure to SQL Management Studio
– Previous user acceptance testing experience
You will need to be confident about your written skills and problem-solving ability – these will be tested at the interview stage.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Computer Literate
- Problem Solving skills
- Managing own workload and prioritising
- Excellent customer service
- Positive working attitude
- Eager to learn
Future ProspectsProgression onto a level 4 apprenticeship.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).