Job DescriptionWe are currently seeking a Software Tester Apprentice to join our established Software Testing team at PureNet Solutions. if you are unsure of your career path, a Software Testing role is a good opportunity to develop your skills.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager and working under the guidance of the Lead Software Tester, during your Apprenticeship, you will:
- Learn how a software company builds web sites which allow businesses to trade online
- Learn how to interpret requirements documentation and generate tests to run through
- Work with leading UK online brands and help us deliver to help them deliver
- Use the latest browsers and mobile devices to find bugs before clients find these
If you are unsure of your career path, a Software Testing role is a good opportunity to expose yourself rapidly to technology and work with technical professionals. We wish you to act as a user (and yourself) to help define solutions to client problems and find the software bugs before clients do!
We have a variety of clients from small to large, local to world famous with projects that range from simple to highly complex. This is an excellent time to join a vibrant company as we are growing fast and there are plenty of opportunities to grow within the company.
- Demonstrable study within an IT based subject
- A-C grade in either Mathematics and/or Computer Studies / ICT
- Good communication, team working and social skills
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a small team
- Excellent attention to detail
- An understanding of popular browsers across a range of tablets, phone and desktops.
Working WeekMon-Thurs 9am-5pm Friday 9am-4.30pm 37 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsDemonstrable study within an IT based subject
A-C grade in either Mathematics and/or Computer Studies / ICT
Personal QualitiesGood communication, team working and social skills
• Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a small team
• Excellent attention to detail
• An understanding of popular browsers across a range of tablets, phone and desktops.
Future ProspectsProgressions could be that the successful apprentice can apply for a full time role with PureNet or apply for a Level 4 apprenticeship if they are available at the time. There is no automatic progression from the apprenticeship.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)