Job DescriptionFantastic opportunity to join an established software development company with over 30 years’ experience based in Newton Aycliffe.
As part of our fast-paced development team you will work alongside our Lead Developers and be a key member of the product development process with involvement in the internal scoping, design/UX, front end HTML/CSS and development stages of projects.
Although we are not specifically seeking x years’ experience in any particular field, you should be able to articulate and demonstrate or reference your understanding of bug isolation and systematic methods of eradication, isolation, identification and reproduction, in order that the development team can quickly fix the problem. You will be challenged with working on a large product development that has many differing aspects including Database management, UI/UX, business logic and workflows, across a variety of browsers and includes smartphone and tablet use. Sometimes we are challenged with tight timescales, and heavy or complex customer projects.
As we currently don’t have a support team and the technical team cover both development and support you will also be responsible for sharing in the support of our customers as incidents arise.
You should have the passion, experience and confidence to contribute to R&D within the company to ensure we keep right on top of emerging development techniques (e.g. responsive design, mobile). You should also have a commitment to best practice, an appetite for innovation, and excellent communication skills. If you seek a role where your input is considered, valued and acted upon – join our team.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Excellent understanding of front end and UI design
• Some knowledge of jQuery, and ASP.NET MVC would be advantageous but not essential
• Be capable of developing and maintaining a Test Plan
• Must be disciplined to document logical and thorough processes that test and re-test all aspects of our product
• Assist with the support of customer implementations by contributing to the resolution of customer incidents
• An understanding of User Experience and responsive design and development techniques
• Knowledge of testing tools and frameworks available commercially
• Ability to develop Unit and Integration Test scripts
Personal Qualities• Passionate about Developing creative solutions to business problems
• Excited to be part of a secure, growing and flexible team
• Able to work under pressure supporting the demands of the project not the clock
• Good communication skills
• Passionate about customers, other team members, the company – your company
• Ability to use and demonstrate your own initiative working independently of supervisory
Future ProspectsThis role has the capability of becoming a Full Time Tester, a Programmer, or a Business Consultant. A Business Consultant works on customer challenges to convert business requirements into innovative software solutions whereas a Programmer will work on the core product producing source code and core functionality.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)