Job DescriptionAre you a practical problem solver? Our client is a global IT Support company based in Derby & they are looking for another IT apprentice to join the team. You will provide 1st & 2nd line support to clients regarding hardware, software & technical issues.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and versatile individual to join their team as an IT Support Apprentice.
Typical daily roles and responsibilities will include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
• To Answer the phone to customers and deal with queries that are I.T. or sales related
• Provide technical support to clients with regards to hardware, software and other IT related issues
• Use Remote Access to take control of client machines to check connectivity, re-install hardware drivers etc
• Setting up networks between computers and peripherals
• Maintaining Server hardware and software
• Maintaining workstations’ hardware and software
• Maintaining printers, photo copiers, and many other peripherals
Our client would preferably like a candidate who could drive, however if the candidate is learning or shows a desire to drive, this would also be acceptable.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
- Some prior Knowledge of IT hardware, software and networks is desired
- Strong communication skills both written & verbal is essential
- Flexible & adaptable – you will work with a whole range of clients with different requirements
- Hardworking and reliable
- Effective problem solver
Future ProspectsFor the ideal candidate, progression onto the IT level 4 apprenticeship is a pathway, that could be available.
Our client is a global IT Support company based in Derby & they are looking for another IT apprentice to join the team.
You will provide 1st & 2nd line support to clients regarding hardware, software & technical issues.
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Derby for up to 12 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals. The qualifications consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)