Job DescriptionAre you an IT wizard? An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join an IT Services company based in Burton On Trent. The company ‘IT Helpdesk Limited’ are now looking for an IT support and Software Technician to join their growing team, so could this be you?
|Typical daily roles and responsibilities will include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
· To Answer the phone to customers and deal with queries that are I.T. or sales related
· Use Remote Access to take control of client machines to check connectivity, re-install hardware drivers etc
· Onsite/Workshop – Computer Repair, Upgrades, Virus/Malware Removals, Data Backup/Recovery and basic networking
· Managing and maintaining windows 7/8/10 and apple devices
· Hardware/Software – Installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Server, Workstation, printers and many other peripherals.
· Assisting with CCTV; configuration, diagnostics and installation (IP & Analogue Camera’s)
· Project managing website development.
· Liaising with 3rd parties to ensure all IT related issues are solved
· Microsoft/Office 365 migration, integration and maintenance
Our client would preferably like a candidate who could drive, however if the candidate is learning or shows a desire to drive, this would also be acceptable.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Some prior Knowledge of IT hardware, software and networks is desired
- Strong communication skills both written & verbal is essential
- Flexible & adaptable – you will work with a whole range of clients with different requirements
- Thick skinned – A client may become irate that there systems are down – it is crucial that you don’t get flustered
- Hardworking and reliable
Future ProspectsFor the right candidate the opportunity to progress onto the level 4 programme or a full-time position will be available.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
• MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)