Job DescriptionBased in Rayleigh, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a company providing IT Support to businesses in Essex and throughout the UK. SpiderWeb are looking to recruit an hardworking and focussed Apprentice to join their growing business.
|You will be an enthusiastic, practical and eager to learn apprentice, who thinks outside the box within a busy environment.|
For the right candidate there is potential for progression on completion of the Advanced IT Level 3 apprenticeship. Also with the option of progression onto Level 4 with the company.
You will be part of a busy team and responsibilities will include:
· Working closely with the IT Support and Technician Team.
· First point of contact for clients.
· Provide users with General 1st line support and troubleshooting.
· Be able to carry out problem solving using your own initiative to resolve issues.
· Escalate support calls to senior team members and keep users informed on the progress of their issues.
· Fielding calls and emails relating to network and desktop support along with IT procurement.
· Accurately record all calls and requests into the IT helpdesk application.
· Carry out and assist with day to day support on servers, workstations, monitors & laptops.
· Visit clients with engineers off site to observe and assist with methods and support.
· Maintain support logs and regular updates to management on outstanding issues.
· In time independently visiting clients off site for basic PC installations and other projects.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Windows XP & Windows 8.
• Building of pcs/Repairing of hardware – Desirable
• Knowledge of removing viruses/Trojans/malware.
• To be confident, professional and articulate when speaking with clients via Telephone, email and face to face.
• Analytical Thinking and Organised.
• Good ICT skills.
• Able to establish good relationships.
• Distinguish when to act independently and when to seek advice.
Personal Qualities• Punctual.
• Time Management.
• Approachable and friendly manner.
Future ProspectsPotential of advancement onto Level 4 or full-time employment.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)