Job DescriptionDue to a combination of internal progression and growth of the business we are looking for IT support technicians to join our established and busy team. You will have some knowledge already of technical IT surrounding PC issues and how to fix them. You should be confident dealing with customers and happy to help with troubleshoot customer PC issues
|Successful candidates will be working within the helpdesk team providing support of the highest standard to our customers. Applicants should have knowledge of PC parts and how to troubleshoot and diagnose issues with software and hardware.|
· To log support calls from customers.
· Ensure resolutions are achieved within SLAs.
· Ensure a good relationship between the client and the employer
· Track all incidents logged and take ownership of issues
· Assist in maintaining client satisfaction within the helpdesk team.
· Ensure the achievement of targeted KPIs
· Ensure the capture of time recording for all activity
· Provide as required a high level of technical input to the helpdesk support team
· Ensure that the Helpdesk Processes are followed.
· Ensure call lists and good customer communication is maintained.
· Respond to customers within agreed service levels and ensure all support processes are followed
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:30am – 6:00pm or 8:00am to 4.30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Excellent customer service skills.
• Some knowledge of some or all of the following systems protocols and technologies: networking and basic infrastructure, TCP/IP, DHCP, LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi & VPN.
Personal QualitiesYou will be keen to learn the skills for this exciting role within IT 1st line support. The successful candidate should be determined to succeed and willing to learn new skills as you will be studying towards a BTEC Diploma in Information Technology at Level 3.
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Ability to work in a team or individually
• Positive and keen to take on a career in IT
Future ProspectsThe possibility exists for this role to develop into a full time permanent position for the right candidate and possible progression onto level 4 on performance.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)