Job DescriptionWe are currently looking for IT Support Technicians and Apprentices to work on our helpdesk, in our Workshop based in Rutland and on our customers’ sites nationwide. The main purpose of the role is to provide day-to-day support to our local, national and international customers.
The role will include and requirements are as follows:
· The successful candidate should have good knowledge of computer software and hardware; PCs, Apple Macs, Servers, peripherals and networking as well as experience with mobile devices and AV systems would be an advantage.
· You will have strong troubleshooting abilities
· able to work with minimal supervision and have excellent problem solving abilities.
· Experience using helpdesk policies and procedures in a commercial support environment.
· Ability to work under pressure, while remaining calm
· Ability to communicate politely and effectively at all times to a wide range of users, key stakeholders and external organisations.
· Can discuss and explain technical issues to non-technical users.
· Ability working well within a team environment.
· Ability to continually develop skills and knowledge ‘on the job’.
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
· Talking to computer users to find and fix problems
· Tracking work in progress, recording issues and how they were dealt with
· Updating knowledge base
· Servicing and fixing equipment, including printers, scanners and phone systems
· Setting up new equipment and upgrading existing systems
· sourcing spares and replacement equipment
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsBasic IT knowledge an advantage
Personal Qualities• Presentable
• Applicants hoping to work on customers’ sites must have a full and clean UK driving licence
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate Progression to Level 4
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
• MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)