Job DescriptionDo you have a passion for IT? Would you love to work for a thriving software company, providing all the IT support? Could you see yourself building a career in IT? If so, this could be the ideal role for you?
This role will involve working within our experienced IT support team on a highly varied range of tasks supporting the wider business. This includes supporting desktop and laptop users working in a windows domain environment. Configuring laptops for the delivery teams to be used for training end users. Installing and upgrading our product software on both internal test and external environments. You will also be involved in various projects covering areas such as security, resilience, internal migrations, Azure and cloud platform initiatives. This is a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to develop a wide range of technical IT skills and launch their career.
Key Areas Include:
• Network & Infrastructure Support
• Hardware Support
• Helpdesk Release & Deployment Support
• Training & Development Support
• Procedures and Policy Implementation
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Excellent knowledge of Microsoft systems within a commercial environment including configuring and deploying Microsoft Windows and related technologies such as Active Directory, Exchange, SQL Server, file and network services.
- • Good customer service skills
- • Able to work well in a team
- • Someone who is keen to learn, ask questions and wants to be involved – bright and inquisitive with a hunger for learning
- • Motivated
- • A keen passion for IT
Future ProspectsPossible progression to level 4 and full-time employment to the right candidate.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)