Job DescriptionDo you have a real passion for IT? Do you have Excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn? An IT Support Technician Apprentice is required to join an established IT company in Bedford and this could be the perfect role for you!
An IT Support Technician Apprentice is required to join an established IT company in Bedford.
Duties & Responsibility:
– To provide support to customers, assisting them with hardware and software issues
– To provide technical support; answering support queries via phone and email.
– To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
– To take ownership of user problems and be pro-active when dealing with user issues.
– Fill out work reports sheets thoroughly and accurately for each customer
– Respond to enquiries from customers and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
– Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
– To escalate issues so that it can be reassigned to a more senior IT member of staff.
– To notify relevant staff to arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
– Assist with the purchase of customer equipment.
– Respond to all customers and staff members promptly on questions, queries or requests.
– Install Operating systems – Windows 7/8, replace hard drives, diagnose faults, building PC’s/refurbishing, back-ups, installing/upgrading packages (Software and Hardware)
– Carry out routine support and maintenance tasks
This is a trainee role so you will be given full on-site training. Although ideally you will need to have some basic knowledge of IT, more importantly you will need to have a real passion for IT.
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month Apprenticeship)
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Ability to work with both technical and non-technical staff
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Organisational skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Basic knowledge of IT (Structure of PC)
• Strong and clear professional communication skills essential to the role
Personal Qualities• Ability to communicate with members of staff at a technical and non-technical level
• Ability to work as a team player
• Logical approach to troubleshooting IT issues
• Be able to ‘think out of the box’ to deliver customer service
Future ProspectsProgression onto Level 4 and perm position for the right candidate
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)