Job DescriptionOne of Nottinghams leading software houses is seeking an apprentice to join the support team.
|Job Purpose |
To be a part of the professional help desk team that provides support to our customers and help resolve issues they may have using our software. The responsibilities comprise answering calls received from customers, planning, organizing, and prioritizing work and ensuring that a high quality of service is delivered to our customers. The job is therefore a crucial role in achieving the mission of our business.
1. First port of call for all client queries and problems either through email or by telephone
2. Provide assistance with resolving the problem or direct them to the appropriate personnel.
3. Make sure that all the issues have been addressed and directed properly, and that they are in compliance with operational rules and procedures.
4. Basic account administration tasks such as password re-setting and adding / changing users.
5. Software configuration tasks
6. Makes sure that all relevant documentation is maintained.
7. Test new software builds to make sure that they are bug free before it is sent to customers.
8. Liaise with the development team to ensure software builds are working as designed.
9. Write new software release notes and send them out to customers.
10. Develop SQL scripts to update and query data files.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills(training will be given)
• SQL Server Query (training will be given)
• Knowledge of Windows Server (training will be given)
• Knowledge of Visual Studio
• Proficient with IT, especially Microsoft Office products
Personal Qualities• Well organised and logical
• Good communication skills, both verbally and written
• Good team player
Future ProspectsFull permanent prospects
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)