Job DescriptionDrew Forsyth are looking for an eager IT Apprentice to join their team as a systems co-ordinator. You will assist in managing and co-ordinating the IT operations vital to the efficient running and future progress of the business
• To be responsible for maintenance and development of company ERP software. which is predominantly EXCEL based. This software is used to calculate up-to-date pricing across a wide spectrum of metrics.
• To be responsible for the integration and maintenance of the new company stock system.
• To work closely with management & directors to create and implement new systems and processes to optimise and increase production and business performance.
• To be responsible for the maintenance of the company website working with relevant members of staff to ensure website is kept up to date with new content.
• To assist with CNC programming and related CAD tasks.
• To be responsible for working with other members of staff for monitoring of all incoming stock for Trade and Retail departments using relevant hardware and software.
• To work with the retail department on a weekly basis to assist with tasks relating to orders including CAD drawings, 3D drawings, ordering stock and recording trade sales
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 37.5 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Be flexible and willing to undertake a variety of tasks at short notice, where necessary, undertaking relevant training and development in order to carry out the tasks effectively.
• Basic arithmetic knowledge, language and written skills are essential.
• IT skills are essential in Microsoft Office, email, internet with CAD programmes are essential.
Personal Qualities- A team player, with attention to detail and ability to follow instructions and analyse and interpret information, both in written and verbal format.
- A positive and optimistic temperament with the ability to communicate well with others and have an aptitude for delivering excellent customer service at all times.
Future ProspectsPossible permanent position for the right candidate
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)