Job DescriptionIn this role, the job holder primarily has responsibility for the delivery and deployment of advanced solutions that monitor and optimise the operational performance of critical infrastructure, buildings and facilities. You will work either individually or part of a team to provide delivery for sectors like data centres, intelligent buildings etc.
|1. Responsible for:|
In this role, the job holder primarily has responsibility for the delivery and deployment of advanced solutions that monitor and optimise the operational performance of critical infrastructure, buildings and facilities. You will work either individually or part of a team to provide delivery for sectors like data centres, intelligent buildings etc. A key part of the role is the ability to work under your own initiative and to ensure that we deliver high quality solutions and customer satisfaction. There is a requirement to work off site and on occasion work away from home.
2. Occupational Skills and Attributes:
1. Curious and a good problem solver.
2. Open and eager to learn new technology.
3. Flexibility to work on different aspects of projects from documentation, physical installation, software configuration and producing graphical user interfaces.
4. A team player, who is prepared to share ideas, contribute to technical discussions and assist other members of the team where necessary.
5. Ability to think outside the box when solving technical challenges.
6. Some knowledge of IT systems, networks etc.
7. Some exposure to control systems, SCADA, PLCs, automation or integrated systems would be an advantage.
8. Must have own transport and be prepared to work away from home as is required.
9. Ideally educated to degree level (science or engineering) or has successfully undertaken a technical apprenticeship.
3. Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
1. Working as part of a team to deploy control systems in commercial buildings and facilities around the UK.
2. Providing support to customers and to other members of the team.
3. Travelling to customer sites around the UK, as well as working from our central office location.
4. Contributing to the future direction of the company, and assisting in the design and development of new products.
5. Working in small teams to deliver large projects.
6. Contributing to the future development of the company with the delivery and deployment of new products and solutions.
(i) To maintain daily communication with the key business areas.
(ii) To act appropriately with members of the wider team to support the ‘one team’ ethos of the business.
(i) To ensure that your areas of responsibility are kept clean and tidy at all times, particularly at the end of each day.
(ii) To ensure that the company regulations are observed at all times.
Health & Safety
(i) To ensure that all the regulations relating to the safe operation and maintenance of equipment are adhered to.
(ii) To ensure that the company’s Health & Safety policy is applied at all times by yourself.
(i) To recommend and discuss with the MD any improvements to the systems / procedures which you think may be beneficial in terms of improving efficiency.
(ii) To carry out any other reasonable duties at the request of the Directors, as required to meet the needs of the business and corporate objectives.
(iii) To promote the company image as professional, positive and exciting both internally and externally at all times.
4. Vision / Context
The position exists to provide the delivery (predominantly UK) of our leading edge products and high quality solutions to our customers. The role will be part of our team of experts providing end to end solutions.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsYou should have some knowledge in IT systems and be a good problem solver.
Personal QualitiesThe right candidate will be self-motivated and be able to work as part of a team as well as on by there self.
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate, possible progression to Level 4.
• Edexcel BTEC Level 4 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals (QCF).
• City & Guilds Level 4 Diploma for ICT Professional
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)