Job DescriptionIf you looking for a ‘hands on’ all round IT hardware and software support role with training and the opportunity to manage IT projects this could be the apprenticeship for you. In this role the successful apprentice will be involved in all aspects of IT support including setting up new PC’s iPhones and printers, resolving hardware issues.
The role will involve literally all aspects of IT hardware and software support for approximately 40 employees and 30 workstations. The role also involve managing IT related projects. General day to day duties will include:
• Maintaining computer systems
• Providing hardware and software support to 40 on site staff and 30 workstations
• Fixing IT errors such as printer issues
• Resolving software issues and training staff where needed on software
• Setting up new users with iphones, laptops, computer systems, etc
• Server maintenance
• Managing IT projects
• Inputting ideas for improvement
• Computer maintenance
• Answering the telephone
• Offering telephone support as well as a ‘hands on’ approach
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8.30 am – 5.00 pm. 37.5 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Computer literate
- IT skills
- Customer service skills
- Able to think outside the box, go getting, able to input ideas
- Eager to learn, proactive, able to use own initiative
- Motivated and positive attitude
Future ProspectsTo progress to level or become a permanent member of the company within IT.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).