Job DescriptionAs a skilled expert, troubleshooting and repairing products, you will use problem solving and people skills to assure our customers of swift resolutions to their technical issues.
Main Duties and Responsibilities Technical Services
• Take ownership and responsibility for all enquiries presented to iStation, identify customer needs and utilising appropriate questioning and listening skills to identify and oﬀer appropriate solutions/advice.
• Take responsibility for ensuring that all support tickets logged for customers, are managed appropriately throughout the process.
• Maintain all levels of stock in line with agreed procedures and ensure orders are placed in a timely manner.
• Act as a point of contact for customers and callers to iStation and ensuring that a high quality of service is delivered at all times.
• Assist in ensuring that all calls and online enquiries to iStation, are dealt with promptly in line with agreed standards.
• Ensure that all computerised systems are used eﬀectively to help process customer enquiries and accurately maintaining all records.
• Carry out necessary follow-up work in relation to customer queries.
• Be responsible for processing cash and card payments from customers in relation to the services provided by iStation.
• Identify ways in which iStation can further improve service delivery to all customers.
Knowledge, Experience and Essential Skills Required
• Demonstrate a desire to provide a customer focussed service with an ability to maintain composure while troubleshooting and solving technical issues
• Knowledge of Apple products including the use of Mac computers
• Interest in latest technologies and Apple products
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Demonstrate a desire to provide a customer focussed service with an ability to maintain composure while troubleshooting and solving technical issues
- Knowledge of Apple products including the use of Mac computers
- Interest in latest technologies and Apple products
- Be self motivated, reliable and have the ability to maintain conﬁdentiality
- Smart and professional appearance and excellent time management skills
- Organisational skills, ability to prioritise own workload in a busy environment
- Be able to work alone or as part of a team
- Good standard of general education coupled with a mature and professional manner
Future ProspectsPermanent position for the right candidate with progression on to Level 4
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)