Job DescriptionAre you a budding IT technician? Then this is the role for you! This company are looking for an enthusiastic individual with an interest in IT to join their team. Duties include performing repairs to computers & generally assisting the team.
If you are looking to start your career as an IT technician this is the role for you, this company are looking to take on an IT technical support apprentice that will be responsible for proving assistance to the Technical Support and Project teams. This is a fantastic role where the right candidate will be able to learn effectively whilst working with a great host employer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform basic repairs to customer equipment
- Upgrade computer hardware and software within the workshop
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Stock control of computer hardware and software
- Operating Team viewer
- Connectwise process administration
- Configure Hardware and Software in accordance to Scope of Works
- Monitor specific services including backup and Remote Monitoring Management Consoles
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Improve usage and increase productivity of IT support resources
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
Full training will be delivered as required.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 37.5 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Personal Qualities• Basic computer and operating system knowledge
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Service awareness of all organisations key IT services for which support is being provided
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
• Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Future ProspectsThere will be an opportunity to progress to a level 4 apprenticeship and become a full time employee.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)