Job DescriptionAre you looking for a career in Computer Networking & IT Technical Support? Based in Derby, you will support clients & colleagues in areas such as fault diagnostics, hardware support & networking whilst working toward recognised Cisco qualifications
Nowcomm is looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to work within their support team at the offices located just off Pride Park in Derby City Centre.
Reporting to the NOC (Network Operations Centre) Team Leader, successful applicants will be required primarily to provide network support services to existing customers and colleagues, as well as to participate in the design and implementation of projects for customers throughout the UK.
Day to day duties may include but not necessarily limited to:
- 1st Line IT Technical Support
- Network Administration, e.g. Active Directory, Group policies etc.
- Keeping clients updated of progress on IT support
- Assist with set-up of client PC’s and servers under supervision
- Assist with set-up of internal systems and cloud infrastructure under supervision
- Trouble shooting
- Fault diagnostics
- Remote access of customers’ computer systems to resolve issues
- Remote access to assist with the installations of both software and drivers for hardware for MS Office
- Assisting colleagues with any internal IT Support queries
Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month apprenticeship)
Working WeekEither Monday – Friday 8 – 4.30 or Monday – Friday 9 – 5.30 40 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Some prior knowledge of Networking is desirable
• Knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• A strong academic background is desirable
Personal Qualities• Proactive – strong use of initiative
Future ProspectsNowcomm are looking to progress successful, hardworking apprentices onto a full-time role in the business upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
• City & Guilds Higher Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L4 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L4 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Digital Network Resilience (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Environment for IT (Knowledge Module 3)
• CompTIA Network plus (N10-006) Exam (Proxy Vendor Certification for Knowledge Module 1)