Job DescriptionYou will be part of a vibrant team as an IT technical support developing your skills and learning all aspects of the business. If you a hardworking, enthusiastic individual with good customer service skills and as well as knowledge in hardware/components then please apply and we will look to arrange an interview for you.
• Provide exceptional first line support of basic till equipment to existing clients
• Accurately diagnose an issue based on the information you have been given
• Resolve an issue efficiently and accurately
• Maintain good communication with your clients and manager at all times
• Install Epos systems
• Install and configure computer systems
• Diagnose and solve hardware/software faults
• Log customer/employee queries
• Software License Sales & Installation
• Routine Maintenance and Optimisation
• Data Recovery & Shredding
• Virus/Spyware Removal.
• Complete Windows Installation & Reinstallation
• Email / telephone / Invoice enquiries
• General administration duties will also be required of you
Working WeekMonday – Friday 0900 – 17:00 1 hour lunch break
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Very good attention to detail
- • Enthusiasm to learn and ability to learn quickly
- • Ability to communicate diplomatically and confidently with colleagues
- • Customer service experience would be beneficial
- • Good knowledge of hardware/components
- • Friendly and confident
Future ProspectsPotential permanent position within the company.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)