Job DescriptionQcom is a leading provider of outsourced technical support and managed IT services across a wide range of specialist technology products and industries. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to flourish in this role.
As part of the Technical Team the Senior Technical Support role will provide technical support and call escalation to both customers, and Qcom engineers, whilst interfacing with our manufacturer partners.
Knowledge of the below technologies is preferred and additional training will be provided as part of the development of the role.
• Thermal Printers (Zebra, Sato, Tec, Datamax)
• Card Printers (Zebra, Datacard, Magicard, Evolis)
• Epson Inkjets (Workforce Range)
• Label Inkjet (Epson TMC Range, Primera, VIP)
• Labelling Software (Zebra designer, Bartender, Nicelabel)
• Handheld Devices (Zebra, Motorola)
Working closely with the Technical Manager across the business, the role ensures excellence in the delivery of the Qcom Plan. Maximising quality, productivity and efficiency the role will support bottom line performance, sales growth and service level performance, whilst delivering on customer expectations, timely results and maintaining the high quality expected of Qcom services.
The role will involve performing an ongoing technical filter programme across the business, carrying out 1st / 2nd / 3rd line support for Qcom customers and onsite engineers.
• To work in partnership with the Technical Supervisor to develop a planned ap-proach to the technical support delivery of the Qcom offering.
• To own and have accountability for the technical filter function which exceeds the customer expectation and finds right first time solutions, rigorously de-mands continuous improvement for all processes and procedures.
• Agree KPI’s and targets for the technical filter, technical support, fix, FTF and achieving set targets to meet and exceed the customer’s expectations of the technical operations of the business. (TF cleared over the phone 12%, average time for TF to take place 20 mins, FTF and fix both 95% (Zebra FTF 95%)
• Take every opportunity to continuously develop the technical filter / support of-fering and strive for exceptional performance.
• Provide internal escalation technical support for the technical department working on 2nd / 3rd line support to achieve customer satisfaction on the full suite of QCom’s technical support offering.
• Provide technical support to QCom’s field engineering team and field service manager where required to provide quick resolutions to onsite issues maximis-ing the engineers efficiency and productivity.
• checking and processing all returned calls to maintain the business fix SLA, or-ganising escalation visits and parts supply where required as well as feeding en-gineering requirements into the training team
• Attending technical and training Meetings to become an expert on new prod-ucts that Qcom support
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Clear verbal communication
- • Strong IT skills, including knowledge on Word, Excel and Email
- • Excellent organisation skills
- • Friendly
- • Confident
- • Efficient
- • Able to communicate well
Future ProspectsProgression to Level 4 – Full time job role
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)