Job DescriptionInterested in learning new IT skills? Want to develop your knowledge of new programmes? This company are looking to recruit a Technical Support Apprentice to gain hands on experience in their organisation. Interested? Want to take control of your career? Apply now! Get a qualification and get ahead.
As a Technical Support apprentice, you will be responsible for guiding people to optimise their user knowledge of our products and services. You will build professional relationships based on trust which result in happy, passionate and loyal customers, by listening to their needs and providing the necessary support for user end support, cloud and networking services.
• Installing and configuring computer systems.
• Remote management of our platform performing real-time monitoring of our clients for both, system health and security (device updates and anti-virus).
• Responding to inbound support calls and emails and logging support tickets.
• Manage existing support tickets to ensure they are picked up by the team issues.
• Assist senior engineers with project work and client visits (where required).
The right candidate will have an organised approach to work and will be able to juggle working on a number of different projects simultaneously. A confident and friendly phone manner will be essential as a large part of the role will be fielding inbound calls and making outbound calls
The candidate will work closely with the technical team to alleviate their admin work. A Good understanding of Microsoft office would be essential.
The role would include:
• Dealing with incoming customer queries and complaints
• Making outbound customer service calls
• Assisting with the sending of quotes and information
• Using online portals / CRM to enter information
• Using email and instant messaging platforms
• Liaising with clients and scheduling appointments
Working WeekMonday- Friday 9am – 5pm 1hour for lunch
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Knowledge of Microsoft end-user cloud and server products, VMware, Data Networking, Cyber Security and Server Virtualisation.
- • Industry knowledge and an appreciation that the demands of businesses, their use of technology and technology itself is always changing.
- • Excellent writing and communication skills.
- • You are passionate about solving problems and helping people.
- • You are incredibly positive and enjoy making another person's day.
- • You are an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- • You are a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- • You have the curiosity and desire to learn and develop your skills.
- • You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just getting it done.
Future ProspectsIf candidate is successful there is the possibility to progress on to Level 4 IT Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)