Job Descriptionapprentice to work within our Technical Support Team that will have an interest in Cyber security. The business focuses on providing a high level of support and installations of VOIP/IP telecommunications to businesses throughout the UK.
This company are looking for an apprentice to work within the Technical Support Team, focusing on providing a high level of support and installations of VOIP/IP telecommunications to businesses throughout the UK. The successful apprentice will also have a high interest in Cyber Security and taking care of systems for the company ensuring that it is safe and keeps hackers out!
• Answer customer support calls via telephone and email, raising the call onto the ticketing platform.
• Resolve minor issues, escalate issues if required to level 2 and 3 support technicians.
• Maintain customer records, including passwords and system backups.
• Contact tier 1 provider for faults and ISP issues.
• Firmware updates to existing equipment.
• Remote diagnostics.
• Pre-build of equipment including routers switches and telecommunications systems prior to engineering install.
• Attending site visits as part of the engineering team for installations.
• Maintaining stock levels.
• Ordering of equipment.
Do not contact the employer directly as this will result in your application being rejected, all applications must go through 3aaa.
Full training will be delivered as required and please note that if a suitable candidate is found the vacancy may close early.
Working WeekMonday - Friday 9-5:30 37.5hrs pw • Total hours per week: 37.50
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
- The successful candidate will be computer literate and will have strong communication skills and an excellent telephone manner as this will be an important part of the role.
- Good level of IT literacy.
- Keen interest in IT networking.
- Keen interest in cloud based technology.
- Ability to work as an individual and part of a team.
- Team player.
Future ProspectsThe possibility exists for this role to develop into a full time permanent position for the right candidate and possible progression onto level 4 on performance.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)