Job DescriptionThis is a fantastic opportunity to kick start your career in systems support engineer-ing for the global satellite organisation AST. We are looking for an enthusiastic indi-vidual who has a strong passion for computer technology and wishes to pursue a career in systems technology.
AST are looking for an IT Systems Support Engineer to join their growing systems team to provide systems support throughout the nature of the business.
Some of the roles you will be undertaking are:
• Testing and repairing satellite communications equipment.
• Carrying out diagnostics, electronics & communications theory.
• Soldering and IP based networking.
• Good knowledge of home networking and willing to learn about satellite systems and networks is required.
• General knowledge within IT hardware will be required and experience with cabling and IP networking is needed.
• (Full training and support will be provided as part of the 13 month apprenticeship).
Please note this vacancy may close early if a suitable applicant is sought.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Good IT skills with knowledge of MS Office applications – Essential
- • Understand the need to deal with customers sensitively and courteously – Essential
- • Able to work individually or as part of a team – Essential
- • Computer system knowledge
- • Networking knowledge
- • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – Essential
- • Ability to communicate enthusiasm – Essential
- • Strong desire to learn – Essential
Future ProspectsPermanent position for the right candidate, as well as opportunity to progress onto Level 4 after year 1.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)