Job DescriptionThis is an amazing role working as a Technical Support Apprentice, where you will be responsible for assisting the engineering team with the technical support– How exciting!
The Technical Support Apprentice will report to the NOC Manager. The position will be responsible for assisting the engineering team with the technical support of the Comms365 Customer Base.
The Technical Support Apprentice will be vigilant and diligent, assisting with network issues reported via our Helpdesk System in order to help make sure network and customer issues will be investigated and acted upon in an appropriate time frame.
The individual will also be responsible for answering support calls from customers, logging and directing support queries into the correct support stream within the business. They will also be responsible for updating customers via the ticket system or telephone when required.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Building and configuring devices.
- General fault finding and fixing devices.
- Sending out equipment for provisioning purposes.
- Assisting the Development team with CommsPortal testing and fault finding
- General customer support via the phone or ticket system – Answering the Comms365 Support Line, raising tickets and directing support calls to the relevant engineering team members. Assisting with SIM and other service activations, terminations and suspensions, where possible.
- Raising emails into customer support teams, as appropriate, if services fall outside of an agreed SLA, in accordance with Comms365 engineering processes.
- Help maintain the general appearance, tidiness and cleanliness of the working environment.
The role of Technical Support Apprentice is a crucial part of the organisation as whole. Helping to assist the team in order to ensure that the support levels are kept to a high standard and enabling the team to work as a cohesive unit.
(The job description is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities)
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month Apprenticeship)
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills1. Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Applications.
2. Competent in the use of internet browsers such as and not restricted to Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
3. Keen attention to detail.
4. Diligent and vigilant persona.
5. Polite and contentious demeanour, with attention to timekeeping.
6. A keen interest in IT with a will to progress from this junior role to a more senior role within the Comms365 business infrastructure.
Personal QualitiesStarting skills should include an understanding of general IT hardware, software, networking and computer literate. You should be customer focused, preferably with some customer service experience and a confident, professional telephone manner.
Fast learner, good workload management and time management skills.
Future ProspectsPermanent employment is available for the successful applicant on completion of their Apprenticeship. Progression to Level 4, Higher Apprenticeship, may also be possible.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)