Job DescriptionThis is a fantastic opportunity to kick start your career in systems support engineering for the global satellite organisation AST. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has a strong passion for IP networking and systems engineering who wish to pursue a career in satellite and networking industry.
AST are looking for a Satellite systems support engineer to join their growing systems team to provide systems support for their maritime and land satellite services. Some of the roles you will be undertaking are:
- IP based networking
- Monitoring of satellite systems and networks
- Testing and repairing satellite communications equipment.
- Installation of satellite equipment
- Diagnostics, electronics & communications theory
- Global Customer Support
- General support where needed
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month apprenticeship)
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm 37.5 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsIP networking skills
IP networking training/qualifications – desirable.
Good general IT skills with knowledge of MS Office applications – Essential.
Understand the need to deal with customers sensitively and courteously – Essential.
Able to work individually or as part of a team – Essential
Personal QualitiesExcellent communication and interpersonal skills – Essential.
Ability to communicate enthusiasm – Essential.
Strong desire to learn – Essential.
Future ProspectsPermanent position for the right candidate.
• City & Guilds Higher Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L4 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L4 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Digital Network Resilience (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Environment for IT (Knowledge Module 3)
• CompTIA Network plus (N10-006) Exam (Proxy Vendor Certification for Knowledge Module 1)