Job DescriptionOur client who are based in the heart of Tamworth are looking for their next star IT apprentice to start asap. This position is an all-encompassing support role. If you are eager to start your IT career this month with a professional, supportive and busy IT company please get in touch with 3aaa Tamworth now!
Our client are a well established IT company based in Tamworth are looking for an IT apprentice with ambition and drive. Full training will be provided. The main duties will include:
• Handling incoming calls from customers in a professional and friendly manner who have an IT related query
• Helping fix computer problems over the telephone
• Logging all calls on the computer system
• The occasional visit to customer’s sites with an experienced IT engineer should the need arise.
• 1st Line helpdesk support to customers with an IT related issue
• General associated office administration duties such as updating computer systems, sending emails, resolving queries
• Working in a busy, friendly office as part of a team
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm with one hour lunch. 35 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Effective customer care skills
- Basic IT skills
- Computer literate
- Positive, enthusiastic, self-motivated
- Professional telephone manner
- Polite, keen to learn and passionate about IT
Future ProspectsTo progress to the level 4 IT apprenticeship programme and to become a permanent member of them whist gaining more experience and knowledge.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).