Job DescriptionAre you looking to start your IT career with an established, friendly and busy IT company where you will receive full training and be a valued member of the team? This role will be varied and include all aspects of IT support to customers. This apprenticeship includes membership to the British Computer Society and vendor qualifications.
|A well established IT company based in Tamworth are looking for an IT apprentice with ambition and drive. Full training will be provided and duties will include:|
· Handling incoming calls from customers who have an IT related query
· Helping fix computer problems over the telephone
· Logging all calls on the computer system
· Going out with an experienced IT Technician to customer’s sites to repair computer problems
· 1st Line helpdesk support to customers with an IT related issue
· Providing an excellent standard of customer service
· Using the computer to send emails to customers
· General associated office administration duties
· Working in a busy, friendly office as part of a team
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsExcellent telephone manner, computer literate, customer service.
Personal QualitiesProven keen interest in IT/hardware, motivated, able to work in a busy environment, positive, a team player, able to use own initiative, committed to learning.
Future ProspectsTo progress to level 4 or become a permanent part of the team.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)