Job DescriptionThis is an excellent opportunity with a local Malvern company who are on the look out of an IT Support Apprentice, If you have a passion for all things Technical and have excellent customer service skills and want to take your first steps on the career ladder then Apply Today!!!
• Frontline phone tech support on surveillance based CCTV products (IP/Cable/HD Analogue)
• IT Remote support
• Update of product portfolio records and data sheets (under supervision / with training)
• Processing and testing of RMA returns
• Fault finding (and repair) of electronic and PC based systems where necessary
• Packing of CCTV orders received daily
• Maintaining company IT and network infrastructure
• Attending college as required by 3A in liaison with LT Security Ltd
• Maintaining the grade and standards as required by both above
• (optional) upgrading company web site.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 08.30 – 17.00
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Previous Knowledge and/or Experience in IT
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure
- Customer Service skills
- Work off their own initiative
Future ProspectsProgression onto level 4 or permanent role for the right candidate.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)