Job DescriptionA fantastic opportunity has become available to work for a reputable company who fully support apprentices and offer career progression. Based in Sutton Coldfield the role is to become an IT Telecoms Engineer Apprentice working in a busy, fast paced environment with a great team.
Connaught Communications are based in Sutton Coldfield and have an excellent opportunity for an IT Telecoms Engineer Apprentice wishing to work in a hands on role.
You will be trained in telecoms with a view to becoming a Telecoms Engineer. Full training will be given and the role will involve:
- Learning about cable types and their usage
- Installing cable/ Distribution points/patch panels
- Basic networking
- Learning basic telephony installation and programming
- Building Knowledge of telecoms hardware
- Refurbishment of telecoms equipment
- Assisting on installations
- Assisting with building of PC’s
The successful apprentice may be based in the office or on site. Should you be working away from the office, you will always be collected from and taken back to office and supervised at all times. A company uniform will be provided.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 08:30 until 1700 with 1 hours lunch break. 37.5 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsCustomer Service, Good Team player, IT skills
Personal QualitiesCan do attitude that is not afraid of “getting their hands dirty”. Must be motivated and enthusiastic
Future ProspectsTo progress to level 4 and become a permanent member of the team
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)