Job DescriptionExcellent opportunity to join a young and dynamic team as a trainee Bookkeeper. Great prospects and the potential of full time employment after training.
|You will be required to work as part of the Mendip Accounting Solutions team to deliver a timely, accurate and efficient bookkeeping service, meeting all deadlines to support clients with their VAT returns, by using our computerised accounting systems and following all relevant internal financial and administration processes and procedures.
You will be working towards:
– Delivery of a strong bookkeeping service involving processing data, entering into Sage, requesting information from the relevant client and communicating issues to the client.
– Checking data input and requesting missing information from the client, when necessary
– Accurate data input onto Sage and other systems
– Recording receipts and payments
– Calculating and preparing and submitting VAT returns
– Accounts preparation including:
– Bank reconciliation & analysis work if required
– cash reconciliation
– VAT a/c; Debtors/Creditors/JNL adjustments
– Fixed Assets – Depreciation
– Posting figures to produce Trial Balance, Profit and Loss & Balance sheet
– Analysis and Comparison of figures with past years; with reporting notes for review
– tax computations
– Delivery of strong internal and external customer service when liaising with management, colleagues and clients
– Undertaking general financial administration, as required
– Handling telephone enquiries, as appropriate
– Accurate filing of paperwork
– Other Duties
Other ad-hoc duties as required in a small team and which fall into your capability.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong mathematical and problem solving skills
- Strong time management, prioritisation and organisational skills to meet timely deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a professional telephone manner
- Methodical and accurate with attention to detail
- Calm and friendly approach
- Willingness to be adaptable within a small team
- Self-motivated, showing a ‘can do’ approach
- Conscientious and helpful work ethic
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate with the chance to progress to Level 4 AAT.
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Bristol on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.