Job DescriptionAre you interested in a career in Administration? Simarco are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking Apprentice to join their Transport team to support the Palletline Function. Working within a Young and Vibrant Team, you will be mentored by the business’ General Manager, and supported throughout!
|· System data input of pick orders and booking of containers|
· Processing of customers’ warehouse and movement orders in accordance with established procedures and agreements
· Book in orders for delivery
· Book in receipt and discharge of all inbound freight, manually and via EDI
· Raising of transport notes both internal and third party courier
· Building of charge schedules/pricing for jobs
· Ensure storage is correctly labelled
· Maintain accurate stock control records for stock in and out
· Send serial numbers to customers as and when required
· Obtain PODs for customers
· Maintain filing and orderly administration systems of reference
· Customer account management
· Answer calls in a helpful and polite manner
· Resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently via email and telephone
· Ensuring site and customer objectives are achieved
· Carry out other work as requested by the Transport Manager
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• A reliable individual with good communication skills both written and verbal
• Professional and polite telephone manner
• Enjoy working within a team but have good organisational skills to prioritise your own workload
• High level of customer service.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Ability to work unsupervised and under pressure
• Good organisation and ability to work to deadline is essential.
• Diligent with a high level of accuracy
• Accurate data entry
• High attention to detail
• Experience with Microsoft packages
Personal Qualities• Enthusiastic attitude to their work
• Willingness to learn
• Common sense approach to problem solving
Future ProspectsPotential of a full time position or progression to a Level 4 Programme on Completion of your Level 3 Apprenticeship.
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)