Job DescriptionWe’re looking for a business savvy and ambitious apprentice for this Web Develop-er role in an exciting Newmarket company. If this sounds good, read on!
The Web Developer apprentice will build strong professional relationships with colleagues based around the globe to deliver high quality results according to demanding timelines.
• Accept and challenge briefs
• Provide support to the developer and clients
• Ensure that information regarding technical fulfilment is available
• Develop selected solutions to brief requirements
• Artwork/asset specifications and briefing to third parties
• Input as to web marketing strategies
• Development of technical specification and briefings as required
• Identifying and justifying IT resource requirements
• Maintaining awareness of latest technical and relevant developments pertinent to field
• Build sites compliant to standards as directed.
• Keep an archive of all assets unless advised otherwise.
• As part of the team you should strive to improve efficiencies in design, code structure, cross browser and system integration.
• Always have virus killer running and make sure all files and emails are checked.
• Manage Thump software and software back-up
Do not contact the employer directly as this will result in your application being rejected – all applications must be sent to 3aaa.
This vacancy may close early if a suitable applicant is sought.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Understanding quality issues relating to contributory aspects of technical production
- Understanding of internet technology including hardware, relevant soft-ware, server, portal and other relevant technologies.
- Good general It awareness.
- Listening and understanding
- Working as a team.
- Attention to detail
Future ProspectsProgression opportunities for the right candidate.
The qualification will consist of:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction).
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction).
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam).
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam).
On completion of this apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited Knowledge Modules covering the following topics: Software Development Context, Methodologies and Programming. You will also be eligible to apply for entry onto the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)