Job DescriptionA great opportunity to join an established company based in Portsmouth that specialise in design, print, web and app creation.
The successful candidate will:
- Build slick, mobile responsive websites and e-commerce solutions
- Build mobile apps using both our in-house framework and also from scratch in HTML5.
- Build and support bespoke web based applications for our clients
- Assist in the development and support of our cloud VoIP PBX solution
- Update company websites and knowledge base
- Set-up and maintain web hosting for our clients
- Provide telephone and face to face support to our clients in using our systems
- Any other task required by the company
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will learn how and become responsible for coding slick, mobile responsive websites, apps, e-commerce solutions, web systems and 3rd party API integrations. This role is primarily internal but will at times be client facing and includes an element of customer support both over the phone and face to face. As such the role demands the highest levels of professionalism, politeness and sometimes diplomacy.
Working WeekMonday – Thursday – 9:30 – 6:00pm (1 hour for lunch) Friday – 9:30 – 5:30 (30 mins for lunch)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Knowledge of PHP, HTML and CSS would be advantageous
• Good use of office IT and software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Task orientated with good self-management skills
• Excellent telephone manor
Personal Qualities• Good communicator
• Coding Interests
• Self-motivated with the ability to take direction and work in a team
• Attention to detail
Future ProspectsFor the right candidate there will be the opportunity to join our development team on a permanent basis.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)