Job DescriptionA great opportunity has arisen to become involved in a young, vibrant and dynamic company and start your web development career. Jarilo offer Ebay listing Designs, Webstore Design, Website design, Facebook Pages, Graphic Design and much more.
|Recent growth has created an opportunity for an ambitious Web Developer Apprentice to join Jarilo Design based in Bromborough.|
1. Build & maintain in-house WordPress/OpenCart/EKM base themes. Most important using the base theme we use to build all WordPress child themes.
2. Build & maintain in-house WordPress/OpenCart plug ins to extend functionality. This could include payment gateways, shipping plug ins, enhancements for WooCommerce, widgets etc…
3. Create sites based on our in-house base theme Oxygen. This requires knowledge about Twitter Bootstrap as we use that as our wireframe.
Note: we won’t be asking people to build a theme from scratch for every site as it would take longer than we allocate per project, thus why we use a base theme.
4. Be able to export/migrate/import data from one data source into another, if the destination platform is completely different, then you need to know how to convert that data into a format the destination platform understands.
5. Build & maintain in-house developed applications for various tasks, such as communicating with large APIs like eBay, and enhancing productivity in the work place.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Personal QualitiesExcellent communication, verbal and written, a positive attitude and willing to learn is essential.
Future ProspectsPermanent position may be on offer after apprenticeship or progression route to level 4 apprenticeship.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)