Job DescriptionWe are looking for an apprentice to support the Community Services team, particularly with the delivery of the Wychavon Youth Bus. This is an exciting brand new opportunity to learn valuable skills in a business and community setting whilst studying for an NVQ in Business Administration.
Working on the Youth Bus, you will gain valuable skills delivering positive activities with young people and learning how to administrate a community project.
The role will involve helping to run activities for children and young people aged 8 -17 years in rural villages throughout Wychavon. Not only will you work supporting the Youth Bus, you will also work in the office to provide administrative support to the Youth Bus project and the Community Development Team. The role will also include the promotion and marketing of the Youth Bus and helping to develop the project to meet the needs of young people in the area.
This is a busy role in an innovative service area and we are one of few Youth Bus projects in the country. Our aim is to meet the needs of young people and give them something to look forward to. We are looking for an individual who enjoys helping others and working with children and young adults and someone who can bring new ideas to the project. This will provide you with great experience if your looking to develop a career in the community, voluntary or public sectors and it provides a unique mixture of learning environments.
We will support you to complete your NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration whilst working including paid time off to complete your studies.
Wychavon District Council is a small, progressive local authority, situated in one of the Countries most attractive areas. We offer excellent opportunities to grow and develop a career along with competitive employee benefits.
We are continually looking for ways to develop our staff and we now have an exciting opportunity for a Youth Bus and Community Services Apprentice to join the Economy and Communities team at Wychavon District Council.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Applicants must be flexible to work in different locations including Evesham and Pershore and will be required to work some evenings and some weekends.
- Candidates will require an Enhanced DBS check
- • Excellent with time management
- • A good team player
- • An excellent communicator
- The successful candidate will have some work experience (paid or voluntary) ideally working with children or young adults (although this is not essential).
Future ProspectsPossible proressoion into a permanent full time role.
The qualification will consist of:
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable).